Call for Scores: March 15-April 30, 2018
Bay Colony Brass is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual Call for Scores. Bay Colony Brass (BCB) is one of the few large brass ensembles (or brass choirs) of its kind in the United States. Composed of twenty players, the group performs a broad range of repertoire spanning five centuries of brass and orchestral music. Bay Colony Brass is a volunteer organization and registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit in Massachusetts.
Composers of any age and nationality are invited to submit. Submissions will be accepted for BCB’s full ensemble or any subset thereof, though preference will be given to submissions using all or most of the full ensemble. Works will be judged on a number of criteria, including play testing, and the winner(s) will be performed in the 2018-19 season.
For our 2nd Call for Scores, submissions will be divided into two categories: composers may submit any work for brass that fits our instrumentation, but also we are encouraging submissions which fit our collaborative partner for the 2018-19 season, the Merrimack Valley Ringers. Works for brass and handbells will be given special consideration.
1. Composers are invited to submit any number of scores, though each submission must be accompanied with a separate entry fee.
2. Scores of any length may be submitted, but duration should be marked on the score.
3. Scores can be of any instrumentation up to and including: 6 trumpets, 5 horns, 3 trombones, bass trombone, euphonium, 2 tubas, 2 percussion. Smaller works will be accepted, although preference will be given to larger (14+ players) pieces. Multi-movement works are acceptable, as are works for multiple choirs of smaller ensembles (e.g. antiphonal quartets or quintets). Multi-movement works are considered single entries. To the extent possible, combine the files of multi-movement works into a single file before submitting.
4. Scores must be submitted electronically as .pdf documents to: email@example.com. A confirmation email will be sent back confirming receipt.
5. An entry fee of $15 must accompany each submission, payable through PayPal (link appears above.
6. Winners will be announced by the end of May 2018, and winning submissions will be programmed on BCB’s 2018-19 season.
1. Pay the submission fee (see link above)
2. Include the Paypal receipt # in an email, along with .pdf attachments of the score, a short bio, and recording if possible (.mp3, .wma, .mid, or .m4a), to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Name the files with your name and their titles in this way:
4. We will accept links to posting sites such as Dropbox for files larger than can be sent through email (10 MB or larger). Please include credentials if applicable.