Call for Scores: March 1-April 15, 2017
Bay Colony Brass is pleased to announce its 1st Annual Call for Scores. Bay Colony Brass (BCB) is one of the few large brass ensembles (or brass choirs) of its kind in the United States. Composed of twenty players, the group performs a broad range of repertoire spanning five centuries of brass and orchestral music. Bay Colony Brass is a volunteer organization and registered 501c3 nonprofit in Massachusetts.
Submissions will be accepted for BCB’s full ensemble or any subset thereof, though preference will be given to submissions using all or most of the full ensemble.
1. Composers are invited to submit any number of scores, though each score must be accompanied with a separate entry fee.
2. Scores must be anonymous and free of any mark that can identify the composer. Pseudonyms are not necessary.
3. Scores of any length may be submitted. Duration should be marked on the score.
4. Scores can be of any instrumentation up to and including: 6 trumpets, 5 horns, 3 trombones, bass trombone, euphonium, 2 tubas, 2 percussion. Smaller works will be accepted, although preference will be given to larger (14+ players) pieces. Multi-movement works are acceptable, as are works for multiple choirs of smaller ensembles (e.g. antiphonal quartets or quintets). Multi-movement works are considered single entries.
5. Scores must be submitted electronically as .pdf documents to: email@example.com. A confirmation email will be sent back confirming receipt.
6. An entry fee of $15 must accompany each submission, payable through PayPal (link below).
7. Winners will be announced by May 2017, and winning submissions will be programmed on BCB’s 2017-18 season.
Composers should submit:
1. An anonymous score for brass choir or smaller subset in .pdf format, and
2. A separate .pdf document with the composer’s contact information, including the name of the submitted score
Attach these two items on one email message and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. $15 entry fee
PayPal link is located below
4. A recording in .mp3, .wma, or .mid format (this step is optional but encouraged).
Once the payment is processed, an email will be sent to the composer that includes a link to submit via Dropbox
Good luck to all contestants!